From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: !!!!
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 15:11:16
1 On 2015-08-19, John Campbell <jdc.rpv@×××.net> wrote:
2
3 > How about "emerge --color=n --nospinner -p @smart-live-rebuild" Color
4 > and spinners are the only things in portage that should be using curses.
5
6 IMO, emerge should not be doing stuff like that for two reasons:
7
8 1) It's broken: the assumptions made about what colors are actually
9 legible is wrong if you use terminals with white backgrounds. I
10 have to turn off colors just to make the default output legible.
11
12 2) It introduces dependencies like this which should be minimized in
13 something as central to the system as emerge.
16 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I haven't been married
17 at in over six years, but we
18 gmail.com had sexual counseling every
19 day from Oral Roberts!!