From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Dirk Heinrichs <ext-dirk.heinrichs@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OOO and parallel compiling
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:55:48
1 On 25 October 2006 16:00, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2 > Am Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2006 14:24 schrieb ext Uwe Thiem:
3 > > I am compiling OOO 2.0.4 currently and am somehow surprised. Checking the
4 > > ebuild shows that it still sets JOBS="1" but it *does* use distcc in my
5 > > setup. At least parts of OOO are compiled on another box. It never did
6 > > that before. Did I misread the ebuild?
7 >
8 > So how is using distcc and jobs=1 contrary? If you have configured portage
9 > to use distcc and have distcc configured to only use the remote machine, no
10 > matter how many jobs yoou start, they will end up on the remote (unless
11 > distcc itself decides it's not worthwhile).
12
13 I compiles OOO on both boxes in parallel. Actually, it just finished without
14 error while I was typing this. And yes, the compile run was much faster than
15 any other before.
16
17 Uwe
20 Mark Twain: I rather decline two drinks than a German adjective.
21 http://www.SysEx.com.na
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list