From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tethering an htc incredible
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 04:10:45
1 On Mon, Jun 20 2011, stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk wrote:
2
3 > On 21 June 2011, at 02:23, Stroller wrote:
4 >> ...
5 >>> One preliminary question remains. When you mod the linux kernel and
6 >>> don't even have the phone plugged in (or don't even have a phone), are
7 >>> you supposed to get the usb0 interface. I do not get such an interface,
8 >>> which is why I suspect the problem may be on the linux end.
11 >> I think that you should get some kind of notification when you connect the USB cable to the phone.
14 > In fact this is described, using your phrase "mobile broadband connect", in the 3rd one of these links:
15 > http://www.google.com/search?q=incredible%20verizon%20tethering%20linux
16 >
17 > However the Ubuntu link looks very thorough, too.
18
19 Thanks. I will give the ubuntu link a try on wednesday.
20
21 allan