From: Jesper Fruergaard Andersen <gentoo@×××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Failed raid
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 09:30:51
1 I have a home server using 2.6.15-vs2.1.0-gentoo-r1 kernel. It has several
2 raid arrays. The other day it froze, but I am away, so I had someone else
3 turn it off and on again. After that 2 of the arrays didn't come up. One
4 of them complained about invalid superblock on one partition but I added
5 that back and it synchronized and that work fine again.
6 However another array, md6, had 2 partitions complaining about invalid
7 superblock as shown below. It should use the partitions
8 /dev/hda8,/dev/hdc6,/dev/hdg7,/dev/hdh6,/dev/hde2
9 Two missing is one too many for raid 5 to just synchronize again. I have
10 looked around but cannot find any information about if or how this can be
11 fixed. Is it possible to fix the superblock or force it in some way. I
12 guess maybe they may be out of sync so the filesystem could be invalid if
13 forced to start anyway.
14 But maybe it would be possible to force it long enough to mount the
15 filesystem readonly for a while to retrieve those things not backed up
16 elsewhere and the recreate the array from scratch?
17
18 ----
19 md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
20 md: invalid raid superblock magic on hdg7
21 md: hdg7 has invalid sb, not importing!
22 md: invalid raid superblock magic on hdh6
23 md: hdh6 has invalid sb, not importing!
24 md: autorun ...
25 md: considering hdh7 ...
26 ...
27 md: considering hde2 ...
28 md: adding hde2 ...
29 md: adding hdc6 ...
30 md: hdc2 has different UUID to hde2
31 md: hdc1 has different UUID to hde2
32 md: adding hda8 ...
33 md: hda2 has different UUID to hde2
34 md: hda1 has different UUID to hde2
35 md: created md6
36 md: bind<hda8>
37 md: bind<hdc6>
38 md: bind<hde2>
39 md: running: <hde2><hdc6><hda8>
40 md: md6: raid array is not clean -- starting background reconstruction
41 md: personality 4 is not loaded!
42 md: do_md_run() returned -22
43 md: md6 stopped.
44 md: unbind<hde2>
45 md: export_rdev(hde2)
46 md: unbind<hdc6>
47 md: export_rdev(hdc6)
48 md: unbind<hda8>
49 md: export_rdev(hda8)
50 ...
51 ----
54 Jesper
55 17:09:48 up 2 days, 59 min, 25 users, load average: 0.38, 0.88, 0.93
56 --
57 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list