From: Cipher van Byte <capsel@××××××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] r8169 and slow transfers over LAN
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 21:54:06
1 Thank you very much :)
4 Morpheus: "No, what happened, happened and couldn't have happened any
5 other way."
6
7 On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Duane Griffin wrote:
8
9 > On 25/09/2007, Kacper Kopczyński <capsel@××××××××××××.pl> wrote:
10 >> When I'm tring to transfer a big file from my gentoo box to windows
11 >> (win_ip) box over smb the speed is about 2kB/s or less (until timeout). If
12 >> in the same time I start `ping -f win_ip` the speed grows up to about
13 >> 5MB/s.
14 >>
15 >> I couldn't find anything on google.
16 >
17 > You need to work on your google skills ;) This is a very common
18 > complaint with this family of cards. Until recently the usual response
19 > was "stick in a different card", however it seems like the developers
20 > are finally getting to the bottom of it. You might want to try the
21 > patch(es) discussed in this thread:
22 >
23 > http://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg39315.html
24 >
25 > Cheers,
26 > Duane.
27 >
28 > --
29 > "I never could learn to drink that blood and call it wine" - Bob Dylan
30 > éí˘‹Źz¸žÚ(˘¸&j)bž b˛