From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Connecting a network printer
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 15:34:16
1 On Thursday, 13 January 2022 12:10:05 GMT Dale wrote:
2
3 > I'm not going to tell you how many hours I spent trying all the
4 > options. Or how long I googled. It took a while. I asked on here and
5 > got some help but still took a bit.
6 >
7 > If that didn't help, I was going to take pics and send them off list.
8 > That way you can just follow along with it. About the only change you
9 > might need to make, the IP address. I couldn't imagine it being to
10 > different given the closeness of our printer models.
11
12 Kind of you, but before that I'd just have used the USB connection.
13
14 > By the way, I hope you can refill your cartridges. Those things are
15 > darn expensive. The high yield is the best bargain tho. If I could get
16 > the ships, I could refill mine. Toner isn't a problem. The chips are.
17 > I wish someone would make a chip that disables the page count thing.
18 > Maybe a reset button. If you ever find a way that works, please share,
19 > off list if needed. Just keep [gentoo-user] in the subject line. That
20 > triggers my filters and bypasses spam filter.
21
22 I'm not aware of a page count. It looks as though it measures what's left in
23 the cartridge. That's if I'm reading the status display right.
24
25 > I'm not sure about yours but I am very pleased with features and the
26 > print quality. My only gripe is the cartridges and their cost.
27
28 Yes, me too.
31 Regards,
32 Peter.