From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Access Windows XP running in VirtualBox
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 19:05:47
1 Joseph wrote:
2 > I need a solution to access Windows XP program running on VirtualBox.
3 >
4 > I've Windows XP running via VB and I need to run one of Windows XP
5 > program from few other machines.
6 > I was thinking maybe I'll install run LTSP but I'm not sure it will work. I
7 > think I could create VPN between Windows and Linux but in this case I need
8 > to run full OS on other machines.
9 > What are my other options?
10
11 VirtualBox supports RDP. You can connect to it with any RDP client.
12
13 I use KRDC for this. I start the XP virtual machine with:
14
15 VBoxHeadless -startvm "Windows XP" &
16
17 This will run the VM but will not display anything. You connect to it
18 through RDP.
19
20 Read the VirtualBox manual for more info (like like to configure which
21 port to use if you don't want the default one.)