From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GBP character in KDE
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2014 16:26:50
1 On Sunday 09 Mar 2014 14:48:45 Stroller wrote:
2 > On Sat, 8 March 2014, at 3:50 pm, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > ...
4 > > This is what /etc/env.d/02locale contains:
5 > >
6 > > LANG="en_GB.UTF-8"
7 > > LC_COLLATE="C"
8 >
9 > Why have you set LC_COLLATE differently from LANG, please?
10
11 Because I am used to have files listed with . prefixed files first, then file
12 names with Capital case and then lower case. Otherwise if you have LC_ALL set
13 then that setting will be followed for sorting files. If neither LC_ALL nor
14 LC_COLLATE are set, then LANG will take precedence. Please note that I use
15 different languages on a couple of machines and that can mess things up when
16 listing stuff.
19 Regards,
20 Mick