From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Which USB device on which controller?
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 05:24:24
1 On 2009-02-27, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 >>> Sounds like it's a 1.1 device to me.
4 >>
5 >> Yep, that's what it sounds like to me too.
6 >>
7 >> Dale
8 >
9 > But that's OK isn't it? I don't need 2.0 speeds between each webcam
10 > and the controller, I just need the increased overall bandwidth of a
11 > 2.0 controller so one of the 1.1 webcams doesn't use all of it.
12
13 The 2.0 controller doesn't _have_ increased bandwith if it's
14 talking to 1.1 devices. In that case, the 2.0 controller is
15 transferring data at the same speed as a 1.1 controller.
16
17 > I get the feeling I have a misconception somewhere along the
18 > line here. Could someone straighten me out?
19
20 A Corvette going 3MPH will get to the finish line at exactly
21 the same time as a 4-year-old kid on a tricycle going 3MPH. It
22 doesn't matter what the controller is capable of -- it matters
23 what speed it's actually talking.
26 Grant