From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Mail forwarder on LAN
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2018 22:47:43
Hi all,

I'm trying to solve a very specific problem where a server on a VLAN
needs to send mail through a VPN it has no direct route to.

So I figured I can add a route to a different VLAN that this server does
have access to, and that VLAN already has a VPN route to contact the
needed server with.

So this forwarder would only accept messages from that single IP and
forward it to another single IP.

Things like SSMTP won't work, as this is a black box that I cannot
install packages such as this. I can configure a mail server IP.

Is postfix the only thing that can do what I need or are there other
solutions?

There will be no mailboxes of any sort on this mail relay.

Dan