From: fire-eyes <sgtphou@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Update: mencoder: error encoding, following howto
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 00:22:21
1 Following the suggestion of some people here, I tried the following items, one
2 at a time, and tried to encode again, and the symptoms never changed.
3
4 a) Remerge x264-svn without threads support
5 b) Remerge mplayer without custom-cflags or cpudetection CFLAGS
6
7 I did find a forum entry (not forums.gentoo.org) which talked about this exact
8 same issue, which seemed to be related to x264 itself. Unfortunately the
9 thread ended in February 2005, and the site won't let me get further
10 information from that user...
11
12 This is a real pain, I am looking for ideas. I am not looking for different
13 tools, I have spent two weeks on this and am sick of bouncing between a dozen
14 tools.
15 --
16 "When you walk across the fields with your mind pure and holy, then from
17 all the stones, and all growing things, and all animals, the sparks of
18 their soul come out and cling to you. And then they are purified, and
19 become a holy fire in you." -- Ancient Hasidic Saying
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list