From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] WARNING latest lvm2 breaks systems with older udev
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 20:55:51
1 My system wouldn't fully boot this morning after updating lvm (~amd64).
2
3 Fortunately a mount -a followed by
4 emerge -1 lvm2-previous version
5
6 has be back in business (with the new lvm2 masked).
7
8 I subsequently found the bug below.
9
10 allan
11
12 ================================================================
13
14 Bug 409921 - Upgrading to sys-fs/lvm2-2.02.95 causes failure in mounting
15 lvm2 filesystems at boot
16
17 After upgrading to sys-fs/lvm2-2.02.95 the system failed to mount filesystems belonging to LVM devices during boot phase. The errors are catched at the attached photgraphs.
18
19 After logging-in, only the file systems not belonging to LVM were mounted.
20 The LVM devices were there, and doing 'mount -a' succeded (all partitions were mounted). After this I was able to downgrade to sys-fs/lvm2-2.02.93-r1, which works without problems.
21
22 I am using sys-fs/udev-171-r5, the newer verions are masked due to the
23 separate /usr partition on LVM - I haven't yet got enough time to
24 configure initramfs.