From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Tips for fresh install with GRUB2+RAID1+LVM2
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 12:15:08
1 On Thu, 21 May 2015 13:10:02 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > > You mean: copy grub.conf to grub.cfg and change its syntax to suit
4 > > GRUB2? I'm well used to hand editing grub.conf, so it'll be no big
5 > > change to operate on grub.cfg instead. I can cope with that.
6 >
7 > You'd need to run grub2-mkconfig once, to generate a grub.cfg to which
8 > you can add your entries.
9
10 I forgot to mention, run grub2-script-check over your new config file to
11 check its syntax.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.