From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel 6.0 upgrade broke sound to TV over HDMI
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 09:23:23
1 On Sat, 26 Nov 2022 at 05:40, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > To get sound to go to the TV screen, I set this in Smplay preferences
3 > for audio where it says Output driver: alsa:device=hw=1.7 Until now,
4 > that has always worked and that is several years and even a few kernel
5 > upgrades. Sound for Smplayer goes to TV screen but all other sound goes
6 > to the main speakers through the little jack and a amp I have hooked to
7 > it.
8
9 I won't be telling you what to one way or the other about pulseaudio,
10 but I don't expect ALSA to stop working any time soon. Just for
11 reference, to get sound to my TV when playing video with mpv
12 (originally a fork of mplayer, so possibly accepts most of the same
13 parameters that would work for you in smplay), I use this parameter:
14
15 --audio-device=alsa/hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
16
17 Looking at your aplay output from the old kernel, putting this in
18 Smplay might work:
19
20 Output driver: alsa/hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=1
21
22 I wonder though if it means anything that in the new aplay -l output
23 for your TV it says, Subdevices: 0/1.
24
25 Cheers,
26 Arve