From: Andrew Udvare <audvare@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Video plays past end of time it shows
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 18:08:54
1 On Wed, Aug 25, 2021, 13:44 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I have a video that does something weird. The video plays about 6
6 > minutes or so past the length it should. During that extended time, you
7 > can't fast forward, pause or anything either. I've ran into this a
8 > couple times with my deer camera and thought it odd but didn't worry
9 > about it. My question is, can this be fixed somehow? Can I get mplayer
10 > or something to process the file and adjust the time it thinks the video
11 > is to what it actually is?
14 You can try to re-encode or maybe remux with ffmpeg.
17 > Bonus, how in the world did it get that way?
20 More than likely the metadata in the file is off.
21
22 This playback issue can happen with VBR MP3s and also Oggs as the length of
23 the file can be spoofed in the header.