From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT]: Optimal formatting a SDcard (64GB) with partions of diffent sizes and filesystems?
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2015 16:19:10
1 Hi,
2
3 for my tablet PC I used a used 32GB FAT32 formatted SDcard. The
4 formatting was already done by the manufacturer.
5 Then I screwed it up and had to do the partioning and formatting
6 myself again. "No big deal", I thought -- and was wrong.
7 Yes, the "thing" I got could be read and written. But it was
8 DAMN slow in comparison to the original formatting.
9
10 I googled and found a description, which described exactly,
11 what I wanted: An optimal formatting for one big FAT32 partion.
12 I did it again ;) and: TADA! The speed was back.
13 LINK:http://zero1-st.blogspot.de/2012/05/formatting-fat32-volumes-larger-than.html
14
15 Now I need the something identical but explained in a way
16 that it can be successfully applied to any partion layout
17 and any SDcard size.
18 Currently the new SDcard has 64GB (yes, the tablet eats that size
19 well :) and needs at least two partions: One FAT32 and one ext4.
20 May be that I need a different layout later.
21
22 To what aspect and "logic" do I have to keep my eyes on, when
23 it comes partioning/formatting any SDcard size with any partion
24 layout and any filesystem?
25
26 Thank you very much in advance for any help!
27 Best regards,
28 Meino