From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Would unmerging xorg-server certainly help it?
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 19:25:26
1 On 2018-03-25 17:49, Martin Vaeth wrote:
2
3 > It should be scrnsaverproto-1.2.2-r2 which is pulled in.
4 > Maybe you sync'ed at an unfortunate moment. Try emerge --sync again.
5
6 In my case at least, the root cause was this: in the nightly webrsync
7 snapshot (which I prefer to use instead of rsync),
8 scrnsaverproto-1.2.2-r2 is keyworded and not stable. Adding it to
9 portage/package.use magically unblocks everything.
12 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
13 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
14 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
15 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.