From: YoYo Siska <yoyo@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can i use GRUB to boot my windows?
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 08:42:28
1 On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 04:12:40PM +0800, 赵佳晖 wrote:
2 > Hello , everyone , just now , i have installed gentoo from ubuntu 11.10
3 > , And when i install the grub with the command : grub-install --no-floppy
4 > /dev/sda . And when i reboot , i aware that i have
5 >
6 > override my MBR. And Now how can i edit my grub in the gentoo to boot my
7 > windows 7 on /dev/sda1 ?
8 >
9 > For my windows boot manager has been override , should i use a windows
10 > live CD , and go to DOS to execute the command : " fdisk /mbr " , after
11 > that ,add the ubuntu and gentoo to the windows
12 >
13 > boot manager ?
14 >
15 > Can i boot the windows 7 from GRUB dircetly?
16 >
17 > PS: my grub version in gentoo is : GNU GRUB 0.97
18
19 Windows has (should have in a standard install ;) its own 'boot loader'
20 in its partition, it usually only installs a simple 'select the active
21 partition and boot from that' loader to the MBR, so in 99% it is enough
22 to just add
23
24 title Windows
25 rootnoverify (hd0,0)
26 chainloader +1
27 makeactive
30 to /boot/grub/grub.conf, change (hd0,0) to whatever your windows
31 partition is ( hd0,0 is /dev/sda1, in hdX,Y X is the disk number
32 (sda -> 0, sdb ->1, ..), Y is the partition number, counted from 0, ie
33 sda4 -> hd0,3)
36 yoyo