From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 1-Terabyte drives - 4K sector sizes? -> bar performance so far
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 19:05:11
1 On Sonntag 07 Februar 2010, Alexander wrote:
2 > On Sunday 07 February 2010 19:27:46 Mark Knecht wrote:
3 > > Every time there is an apparent delay I just see the hard drive
4 > >
5 > > light turned on solid. That said as far as I know if I wait for things
6 > > to complete the data is there but I haven't tested it extensively.
7 > >
8 > > Is this a bad drive or am I somehow using it incorrectly?
9 >
10 > Is there any related info in dmesg?
11
12 or maybe there is too much cached and seeking is not the drives strong point
13 ...