From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Key reinstallation attack on WPA2 - new vulnerability discovered
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 19:30:34
1 On 10/19/2017 11:35 AM, Mick wrote:
2 > In case you are not aware of this vulnerability:
3 >
4 > https://www.krackattacks.com/
5 >
6 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/634440
9 I read this the other day. It seems that pretty much all devices are
10 affected by this. I'm curious to know how many Android handsets will
11 actually get fixed.
12
13 Apparently if one of the client or AP is patched it is better but not
14 completely fixed. So now I wonder of all those old home routers that
15 probably haven't had a firmware update ever.
16
17 Then what about all the crappy IoT devices which rarely update? Ugh.
18
19 This is really nasty.
20
21 Looks like Google is working on it, so is Apple, Microsoft, and a bunch
22 of other vendors.
23
24 There looks to be a patch for my UBNT AP already. I read yesterday
25 Microsoft is advising people to update Windows to get the fix.
26
27 Ugh, I can hear people asking me questions about this already.
28
29 Having a CVE on pretty much every wifi device in existence... Wow.
30
31 Dan