From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "Error: circular dependencies"
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 15:35:08
1 >> This ebuild is from the java-overlay. Is it just a bad ebuild or can
2 >> I fix this? I tried disabling the nsplugin USE flag with the same
3 >> result.
4 >>
5 > 57 DEPEND="${RDEPEND}
6 > 58 || ( >=virtual/gnu-classpath-jdk-1.5
7 > 59 dev-java/icedtea6
8 > 60 dev-java/icedtea6-bin
9 > 61 )
10 > It comes from that line. It looks like it's for bootstrapping icedtea6,
11 > which apparently can be done by itself or the two other alternatives.
12 > emerging icedtea6-bin should fix this. It can then be unemerged when
13 > you've emerged icedtea6 and from then on you can bootstrap updates with
14 > the existing installation.
15
16 Thank you, that worked.
17