From: YoYo Siska <yoyo@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Konsole question
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 16:54:34
1 On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 07:51:45AM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 7:08 AM, Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
3 > > When an URL appears in a console, it is usually possible to R-click,
4 > > then choose 'open link' & a browser(-tab) opens for that link.
5 > > With Xfce's Terminal, it opens in a running instance of Firefox.
6 > > With KDE's Konsole, it opens Konqueror, which I don't usually have running.
7 > >
8 > > However, since around KDE 4.7.1 & continuing in 4.8.0 ,
9 > > the version of Konqueror which opens is the file browser,
10 > > which I never otherwise use & which is useless for this purpose.
11 > > Clearly, what sb opened is Konqueror in browser mode.
12 > >
13 > > Has anyone else encountered this problem ?
14 > > I've tried to find where the browser to open is configured, but can't.
15 > > Have I missed a setting somewhere or is this a KDE bug I should report ?
16 > >
17 > > --
18 > > ========================,,============================================
19 > > SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
20 > > ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
21 > > TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca
25 > I'm running 99.99% stable here so takes that for what it is. Here,
26 > with Firefox open I run in konsole
27 >
28 > eix ardour
29 >
30 > and then right click on the ardour.org link and choose Open Link. I
31 > get the Ardour web site in the running version of Firefox.
32 >
33 > With Firefox not running KDE/konsole still opens Firefox.
34
35 Konsole should open the default browser set in KDE.
36 You can check that in systemsettings -> Workspace Appearance and
37 Behavior -> Default Applications -> Web Browser
38
39 IIRC some browsers allow you to 'set them as default' somewhere in their
40 menu (usually as an annoying popup at startup, until you disable it ;)
41 which should work with kde.. (at least i think it worked the last time i
42 tested it with chromium... but i mostly set it up manualy)
43
44 yoyo