From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Call for opinions and/or use cases regarding games.eclass
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2016 15:06:53
1 On 2016-07-01 01:27 -0700, Daniel Campbell wrote:
2
3 > 1. Do you take advantage of games.eclass features, including restricting
4 > game access to a given group and installing games outside of /usr and/or
5 > on different media?
6
7 No, in fact I was rather surprised by this extra complexity in Gentoo
8 when I was migrating from Debian.
9
10 > 2. If yes, how do you feel about the removal of the eclass? Did you rely
11 > on its functionality? Does your use case require it?
12
13 I would not miss it, but I now that I am at last done with the
14 migration, and I have a bunch of games installed that are very important
15 to me, I am afraid of the potential new burden of transitioning to a
16 state where games are ordinary programs, even if such state would be
17 beautiful, clean, simple, etc.
20 Please *no* private copies of mailing list or newsgroup messages.
21 Why does the arrow on Hillary signs point to the right?