From: Jules Colding <colding@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Audigy 2 ZS [SB0350] problems on AMD64
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 11:11:41
1 On Sat, 2005-07-23 at 12:08 -0700, Bob Sanders wrote:
2 > On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 20:51:53 +0200
3 > Jules Colding <colding@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > > Thank you for your advise. I got sound working by disabling ALSA and
7 > > using OSS instead. I think this is an ALSA AMD64 issue.
10 > No, it's not. The reason I can say that is I have a 2P Opteron with the same chipset as
11 > your system and a SB Audigy 2. Running alsa causes no problems. It's either a hardware
12 > issue or a kernel issue.
13
14 Obviously. The sound works perfect under XP with Creative drivers and
15 with the deprecated OSS drivers, so we seems to be left with "some"
16 kernel issue. Anyway, I have filed a detailed bug at alsa-project and I
17 hope it will help them to eventually track is down.
20 > At some point, the problem will need resolution as kernel OSS is going away.
21
22 Yes.
23
24 > But for now I'm glad you have it working.
27 Thanks,
28 jules
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list