From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Logrotate status error
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 16:03:04
1 On Saturday 09 August 2008, Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I have noticed that the log files on a box of mine are getting larger than
5 > expected. I ran logrotate by hand to see if I get any errors and this came
6 > up:
7 >
8 > # logrotate -f /etc/logrotate.conf
9 > error: line too long in state file /var/lib/logrotate.status
10 > # ls -la /var/lib/logrotate.status
11 > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 360448 Dec 9 2007 /var/lib/logrotate.status
12 >
13 > Can you explain it? Should I just remove it before I run logrotate again?
14
15 Who knows, perhaps the file in questions had been corrupted. I moved it and
16 logrotate completed without errors.
17 --
18 Regards,
19 Mick