From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ath5k and wpa_supplicant
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 10:18:56
1 On 2 Jun 2009, at 06:31, Mick wrote:
2 >> ...
3 >> ath5k calls the device wlan0.
4 >
5 > Yes it does, but this is what I am getting when I try to run wpa_cli
6 > in a
7 > terminal:
8 > =====================================================
9 > $ wpa_cli
10 > wpa_cli v0.6.4
11 > Copyright (c) 2004-2008, Jouni Malinen <j@××.fi> and contributors
12 >
13 > This program is free software. You can distribute it and/or modify it
14 > under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2.
15 >
16 > Alternatively, this software may be distributed under the terms of the
17 > BSD license. See README and COPYING for more details.
20 > Selected interface 'ath0'
21 > Could not connect to wpa_supplicant - re-trying
22 > ...
23 > Why is it picking up 'ath0' when there are no references to ath0 in
24 > my /etc/conf.d/net? Both wpa_cli and wpa_gui seem to work fine when I
25 > define -iwlan1 on the CLI.
26
27 Did you use ath0 in the past? Maybe this name has been stored in udev-
28 rules.
29
30 I would suggest `grep -R ath0 /etc`
31
32 I'm pretty sure that ath0 was used when I first used madwifi 2 or 3
33 years ago, but had changed to wlan0 the next time I tried it.
34
35 Stroller.