From: Thomas Kirchner <lists@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] World Of Warcraft - Works like MAGIC on Gentoo
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 13:46:42
1 * On Dec 18 10:14, Jeff (gentoo-user@l.g.o) wrote:
2 > Just to let you guys know, not that it means anything special, but WoW
3 > works like a DREAM on Gentoo.
4
5 I know this isn't a help with the mouse pointer fix, but did you do
6 anything special to get WoW to run? I tried every patch I found but none
7 helped. (As a note, I assume you've checked the WoW thread in the Gentoo
8 forums?)
9
10 I kept having trouble. If I used -opengl, the game would crash after
11 char select, after all the files loaded - just before anything displayed,
12 it bombed. If I used the native directx, the game would load, but the
13 textures were completely wonky.
14
15 Tom