From: Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] proper proxy syntax to synchronize time via rdate
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 14:36:10
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 I'm trying to synchronize the system time with the help of rdate
4 (openNTPD is on the list in case of failure). I have one problem,
5 though: I connect to the Internet through a proxy server. I have set
6 up the necessary environment, but I doubt that rdate listens to it:
7
8 localhost init.d # env | grep -i proxy
9 http_proxy=proxy.address.dom:port
10 ftp_proxy=proxy.address.dom:port
11 rsync_proxy=proxy.address.dom:port
12 https_proxy=proxy.address.dom:port
13
14 localhost init.d # rdate pool.ntp.org
15 rdate: couldn't connect to host pool.ntp.org: Connection refused
16
17 Please advise on how to correctly specify the proxy server in the NTP
18 server address. I am wondering if there is a syntax similar to
19 proxy.address.dom:port@××××××××.org. Alternatively, how can I make
20 rdate honour the proxy settings?
21
22 Regards,