From: Calvin Walton <calvin.walton@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ASS/SAA in Video
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 21:39:47
1 On 6/24/06, Pavel Kouřil <djpaulway@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > OK, i have some anime in *.mkv, subtitles are in the file(softsub), and
3 > I can't see them in mplayer. When I open video in Xine, xine will crash.
4 > VLC doesn't have Advanced SubStationAlpha support. Do you know any
5 > player, where ASS/SAA working fine?
6
7 The version of mplayer in portage should be able to play most ssa
8 subtitles fine, but it will drop all formatting from them and display
9 them the same as srt subtitles.
10
11 There's a patch on the mplayer mailing list for adding full ass/ssa
12 support, it should be in svn soon and hopefully into an mplayer
13 release... If so, mplayer will be the first linux player with styled
14 ass subtitle support.
17 Calvin Walton
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list