From: Matthias Gerstner <Matthias.Gerstner@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Vim puts command in when starting up
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 16:17:55
1 Hi,
2
3 > For some reason, on one box, whenever I start vim it puts
4 > ":0000/0000/0000" on the command line. I've looked in vimrc and can't
5 > see any reference to this. Hitting Enter yields "E486: Pattern not found
6 > :0000"
7
8 I've had a similar issues for the past months with my vim. It was
9 related to my using the "urxvt" terminal and its TERM variable being set
10 to "rxvt-unicode".
11
12 In my case the effect didn't always show up but only under certain
13 conditions. I remember having seen a bug report for vim back then but
14 can't seem to find it right now. There are similar, older bug reports,
15 however, like this one:
16
17 https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=199362
18
19 I also remember there was a bugfix to vim back then to fix the issue.
20 But the version containing the bugfix was not yet stable in portage and
21 so I've lived with the occasional bug until now. I'm currently using
22 vim-7.4.769 and I think the bugfix was contained just a few micro
23 versions later if I'm not mistaken.
24
25 Hope this helps you somewhat.
26
27 Best regards
28
29 Matthias
32 Matthias Gerstner, Dipl.-Wirtsch.-Inf. (FH)
33 Entwicklung
34
35 NCP engineering GmbH
36 Dombühler Straße 2, D-90449, Nürnberg
37 Geschäftsführer Peter Söll, HRB-Nr: 77 86 Nürnberg
38
39 Telefon: +49 911 9968-153, Fax: +49 911 9968-229
40 E-Mail: Matthias.Gerstner@×××××.com
41 Internet: http://www.ncp-e.com