From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Python and man problems_solved
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 12:31:00
1 On Tuesday 05 August 2014 14:13:17 Roger Cahn wrote:
2
3 > -PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7" are now defined
4
5 I haven't followed this thread up to now, but are you setting this yourself in
6 make.conf? It shouldn't be necessary: all packages that rely on python set
7 their own targets - and they're best left that way too. If you twiddle with
8 your targets yourself, sooner or later you'll find yourself having to
9 disentangle a cat's cradle.
10
11 $ grep -i python /etc/portage/make.conf
12 $
13
14 > -PAGER="most" is defined in your environment: Icompiled it again.
15 > Now man emerge works.
16
17 I too was grateful for the tip about most. Thanks, Stroller.
20 Regards
21 Peter