From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Filesystem corruption - reiserfs? - won't boot, "filesystem couldn't be fixed :("
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 17:15:42
1 On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 04:16:50PM +0000, Stroller wrote:
2 >
3 > Many thanks for your help, Willie!
4 >
5 > About 13 items. Is this unlucky?
6 >
7 > http://linux.stroller.uk.eu.org/fs-corruption-dev.png
10 Okay, something is screwed up with udev. Is udev started? Is it
11 upgraded recently? Any config files in /etc that needs updating? Is
12 udev directory in /etc okay?
13
14 At this point I don't think your problem is necessarily with the
15 harddrive itself: I think we now know why fsck cannot open file or
16 device.
17
18 Check /var/log/emerge.log or the portage elogs. Did you upgrade
19 baselayout recently?
20
21 Good luck,
22
23 W
26 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
27 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
28 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton