From: Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Network Trouble
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:52:13
1 On Dec 17, 2007 12:33 PM, Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > No, if the light on the firewall and on the NIC itself don't come on
3 > when you plug in the ethernet cable, the card isn't working. When
4 > a different slot doesn't work either, it seems something on your
5 > PCI bus is dead. Does 'lspci -v' still report allright?
6
7 I'm fairly certain I ran lspci and that still worked. (I tried so many
8 things I'm not entirely sure of what I did when anymore.) :-)
9
10 > > And, yes, the machine works fine otherwise. It's just the network
11 > > that's not working.
12 >
13 > Do you have any other PCI cards you could try, an old sound card
14 > perhaps?
15
16 Yes, I have a PCI sound card and it definitely works. My Oggs are
17 still playing. :-)
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list