From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to mask xfce 4.8?
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 16:13:46
1 On 2011-01-18, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > My last update bumped XFCE to 4.8, and I quickly learned that it's
4 > got some serious bugs. So, I need to roll back to whatever the
5 > prevous version was. How do I tell portage to not use 4.8?
6 >
7 > I tried adding this line in /etc/portage/package.mask:
8 >
9 > >=xfce-base/xfce4-meta-4.8
10 >
11 > But that does nothing. Do I have to individually mask all 20+
12 > components of XFCE?
13
14 I think XFCE 4.8 was given "stable" status prematurely. Quoting one
15 of the XFCE apps when asked by a user if it was time to upgrade to
16 4.8:
17
18 Although we've made a lot of development releases; during 4.8.0 the
19 code gets some real testing. So unless something is 4.6 that bothers
20 you is broken that should've been resolved in 4.8, it's better to
21 wait a bit until 4.8.1 or .2.
22
23 Trying to roll XFCE back to a version that works is also proving to be
24 difficult...
27 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Gibble, Gobble, we
28 at ACCEPT YOU ...
29 gmail.com