From: Maurice E Johnson <maurice.e.johnson@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] devices not being created at boot time
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 00:33:38
1 I am trying to upgrade to kernel 2.6.15-r1 from 2.6.12-r4. Now that we
2 are in the brave new world of udev, My Fusion MPT 1030 scsi controller
3 has suddenly become invisible to the kernel - read no devices being
4 created.
5
6 Platform - AMD Opteron Dual Processor 270
7 Tyan MoBo
8 My favorite, LSIs lovely scsi controller
9 Buit to i686
10
11 I have -
12
13 1) inserted sleep statements in linuxrc
14 2) used scandelay=X where X is some integer greater than 10
15 3) used doload=mptspi
16 4) compiled the drives into the kernel directly (mptbase, mptscsih,
17 mptspi)
18 5) built other kernels
19 6) insert commands into linuxrc to show the state of the system as
20 booting occurs.
21
22 Gentoos boot/install cd does not recognise this hardware (It's using
23 2.6.15-r5)
24 This is true using both the x86 image and the x86_64 image.
25
26 However, booting to 2.6.12-r4 (devfs/udev hybrid) works fine.
27
28 HELP!!!!!