From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Compilation aborted for setuptools-0.6.12
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 16:03:26
1 meino.cramer@×××.de writes:
2
3 > Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> [10-06-20 15:16]:
4
5 >> How about putting dev-python/setuptools into
6 >> /etc/portage/package.keywords, and trying to emerge 0.6.13?
7
8 > I tried to re-emerge setuptools 0.6.10 and it fails the same way.
9 > So I believe (=not knowing) that this problem is caused by something
10 > outside setuptools, which gets screwed up.
11
12 Probably python itself, as Arttu pointed out.
15 > Problem with 0.6.13 is: If it compiles and installs itsself, 0.6.10
16 > (current version) is gone and cannot get back due to the same problem
17 > (see above). And then I have a "unstable" version, which may pull in
18 > other unstable versions of something else, which pull in....
19
20 Maybe, but at least in the ebuild itself there are no such dependencies.
21 If you'd need to keyword this package only, it should do no harm. If
22 more things need to be keyworded, I agree that this tends to make things
23 complicated. But at least you can quickpkg the existing version, and get
24 it back when needed without compiling with emerge -k.
25 But when 0.6.10 also fails, the problem is likely to be somewhere else.
26
27 > This way I have corrupted my last installed gentoo system...
28
29 I'm at ~amd64 now, and things are easier now :) At least for me.
30
31 If you are desperate: Maybe removing setuptools would at least make
32 python-updater run through, unless something would pull it in again.
33 Emerge -k setuptools back. You may be missing stuff for python 3.1, but
34 maybe this does not harm too much.
35
36 And report a bug at bugs.gentoo.org, so the maintainers know what's
37 going on.