From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recovering a deleted file.
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 19:43:51
1 On Tuesday 04 August 2009 17:24:13 sean wrote:
2 > Some friends, who are trying out Linux on their home system,
3 > accidentally deleted some pictures on their camera memory card, while it
4 > was plugged into the camera.
5 >
6 > Is there any software to recover a deleted file off of a memory card in
7 > such a circumstance?
8 >
9 > I already told them not to use the card for anything else and to lock it.
10
11 What kind of card?
12
13 It's likely formatted with FAT, there's hundreds of tools for Windows that can
14 undelete files on FAT. I recall using such stuff written by a certain Mr Peter
15 Norton when I was still but a little lad...
18 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com