From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't get a DVD to burn.
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 10:04:38
1 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > mkisofs
4 >
5 > -----------------------
6 >
7 > 2097493
8 >
9 > /usr/bin/mkisofs: Warning: Cannot add inode hints with -no-cache-inodes.
10
11 I strongly recommend not to use the option -no-cache-inodes.
12 This option causes mkisofs not to check for hard links. As a rersult,
13 the filesystem is bigger than needed and may not fit on the medium.
16 > I also tried to burn this with tkdvd but it failed too. I don't think
17 > the media is bad. It doesn't appear to be k3b since the other program
18 > fails too. I also updated to the latest testing but no difference that
19 > I can see. It does sometimes burn and sometimes if I try again it will
20 > burn but it's not getting any better.
21
22 Your mail does not seem to include any hint for a failure. What exact problem
23 do you have?
24
25 Jörg
28 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin