From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ssd: using TRIM
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 19:42:41
1 Am 09.04.2010 09:42, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
2 >
3 > Greets, gentoo-users,
4 >
5 > yesterday at last I put my Intel SSD X25-M G2 into my Thinkpad.
6
7 Additional thoughts ad "ssd, linux, laptop":
8
9 * running hdapsd seems useless now ;-)
10
11 * what about laptop-mode?
12
13 gotta look through /etc/laptop-mode/laptop-mode.conf, maybe some
14 hdd-related settings are counter-productive now ...
15
16 * back then Volker recommended putting only stuff like / onto the ssd,
17 and /home on hdd ... that's not possible on a one-drive-only laptop.
18
19 Any additional maintenance-tasks to do in this case?
20
21 -
22
23 For sure, I will keep my old hdd, and pull images and backups from my
24 thinkpad every few days.
25
26 Stefan