From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] preventing some IP's from from being logged in apache
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 23:42:11
1 On Monday, 11 January 2021 23:05:55 GMT thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > I've one persistent user (Russian IP) that is populating my apache log
3 > files.
4 >
5 > I tried 00_mod_log_config.conf
6 >
7 > SetEnvIf Remote_Addr "45\.93\.201\.104" dontlog
8 > CustomLog /var/log/apache2/deflate_log deflate env=!dontlog
9 > CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access_log common env=!dontlog
10 >
11 > But I still see this IP in my access_log.
12
13 If it is the same IP address persistently attacking the server, I would be
14 tempted to block it, or the whole /24 subnet it belongs to, at the perimeter
15 firewall. Of course, persistent actors will hop off another IP address, so
16 there are diminishing returns in this game.