From: znx <znxster@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] weird error messages
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:39:02
1 All those entries are stored in
2 /etc/login.defs
3
4 I guess they are set wrong?
5
6 Here is it without comments:
7 FAIL_DELAY 3
8 FAILLOG_ENAB yes
9 LOG_UNKFAIL_ENAB no
10 LASTLOG_ENAB yes
11 MOTD_FILE /etc/motd
12 TTYTYPE_FILE /etc/ttytype
13 FTMP_FILE /var/log/btmp
14 HUSHLOGIN_FILE .hushlogin
15 ENV_PATH /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
16 ENV_ROOTPATH /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
17 ENV_SUPATH /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
18 TTYGROUP tty
21 PASS_MIN_DAYS 0
22 PASS_MIN_LEN 5
23 PASS_WARN_AGE 7
28 LOGIN_RETRIES 3
29 LOGIN_TIMEOUT 60
30 CHFN_AUTH yes
31 CHFN_RESTRICT rwh
32
33 ..
34 Mark
35
36 On 10/03/06, nick thompson <nicholas.thompson1@×××××.com> wrote:
37 > Hi,
38 > When I logged into my box just now I received the following error
39 > messages:
43 > npt@jaguar ~ $ su
44 > Password:
45 > configuration error - unknown item 'FAILLOG_ENAB' (notify administrator)
46 > configuration error - unknown item 'LASTLOG_ENAB' (notify administrator)
47 > configuration error - unknown item 'MOTD_FILE' (notify administrator)
48 > configuration error - unknown item 'FTMP_FILE' (notify administrator)
49 > configuration error - unknown item 'ENV_ROOTPATH' (notify administrator)
50 > configuration error - unknown item 'PASS_MIN_LEN' (notify administrator)
51 > configuration error - unknown item 'CHFN_AUTH' (notify administrator)
52 > jaguar npt #
55 > Can someone tell me what I messed up, and possibly how to fix it? I have
56 > been emerging a lot of stuff and doing all sorts of stuff to my box for the
57 > last few days and I really don't know what this relates to. Thanks for any
58 > help.
59 >
60 > Nick
63 > *******nick thompson.********