From: Adrian <linuxgn2@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: convert mov to avi
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 04:21:06
1 On Sat, 2 Sep 2006 13:28:59 +0930
2 Raymond Lewis Rebbeck <dystopianray@×××××.com> wrote the words:
3
4 > Oh sorry I misread your message, swap 'mov' and 'avi' in my previous
5 > message and it should still apply :p
6 >
7 > You may want to specify some codecs when transcoding to avi format, I
8 > don't know what ffmpeg defaults are but the following should suffice:
9 >
10 > $ ffmpeg -i foo.mov -f avi -acodec mp3 -vcodec mpeg4 foo.avi
11 >
12 > --
13 > Raymond Lewis Rebbeck
14 > --
15
16 *haha* Right on. I was just reading the man page. I think I can use
17 this to strip the audio as well, which would be a huge bonus.
18
19 Thanks again.
23 On The Fly Photography -:- Creation From Chaos
24
25 On The Fly Photography: http://204EastSouth.com
26 Purchase from On The Fly: http://204EastSouth.com/OTFStore.htm
27 The Cynical Libertarian Society: http://www.204EastSouth.com/cls