From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where is /etc/conf.d/net.example?
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 23:20:31
1 On Sunday 16 Mar 2014 18:27:45 Chris Stankevitz wrote:
2 > Where is the proper place to specify the gentoo network configuration
3 > nowadays?
4 >
5 > I do not have a file called /etc/conf.d/net.example on my hard drive.
6 > That surprised me.
7
8 There used to be a /etc/conf.d/net.example, but that stopped some way back
9 since sys-apps/openrc-0.12.4 I seem to recall. I never understood why. Since
10 then every new openrc version updates its net.example file, but instead of
11 doing so in /etc/conf.d/, it does it in /usr/share/doc/netifrc*/
12
13 BTW, this is the "gentoo way" only insofar that gentoo happens to use openrc.
14 If wicd, networkmanager, connman suit your needs, there's no obligation to use
15 openrc's scripts.
18 Regards,
19 Mick