From: "John J. Foster" <Gentoo-User@××××××××××××××××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Can't start X after a few months of updates
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 02:59:01
1 Hi,
2
3 My system had been happily chugging along with X and KDE running for a
4 few months nonstop. Every Saturday I'd run an update world. But, I never
5 restarted X and obviously never rebooted. Yesterday we had a 3 hour
6 power outage that my UPS couldn't keep up with, and when I finally got
7 power back, X won't start. I _think_ this is the relevant portion of
8 /var/log/Xorg.0.log.
11 (II) Module fglrx: vendor="FireGL - ATI Technologies Inc."
12 compiled for 7.1.0, module version = 8.28.8
13 Module class: X.Org Video Driver
14 ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 1.0
15 [R200Setup] X version mismatch - detected X.org 7.2.0.0, required X.org 7.1.0.0
16 (II) UnloadModule: "fglrx"
17 (II) Unloading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//fglrx_drv.so
18 (EE) Failed to load module "fglrx" (module requirement mismatch, 0)
21 Can anyone help me, as I have know idea what to do?
22
23 Thanks,
24 festus
25 --
26 It is not unusual for those at the wrong end of the club to have a
27 clearer picture of reality than those who wield it.
28 Noam Chomsky