From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] A specific Flash audio issue
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 17:48:34
1 Hi,
2 I wonder if someone on the list would be so kind as to play this
3 link on their system and see if the audio is good. On my system, over
4 the last few revisions of the of rt-sources, I get somewhat garbled
5 audio. It's listenable, but every once in a while I get very strange
6 artifacts like the speed is being changed for some samples. This did
7 not happen with much older kernels and only happens with this specific
8 newsletter. It does not happen on my wife's x86 Gentoo machine nor
9 does it happen on this machine when booted into Windows.
10
11 I'm playing the link using firefox-bin so best if you can test
12 using that. The link requires Flash support. Unfortunately the
13 Konqueror installation on my system doesn't seem to recognize that
14 Flash is already on the system so I haven't tested it with that.
15
16 I quickly tried building gnetoo-sources but it didn't boot so I
17 figured I'd see if someone could test this while I determine what went
18 wrong with that kernel.
19
20 Thanks in advance.
21