From: Elias Probst <mail@×××××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MSSQL command line Linux interface
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 23:31:42
1 On Tuesday 10 April 2007 18:56:34 Mauro Faccenda wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I need to do some simple tasks in a MSSQL Server from a Linux that have no
5 > X installed. I know I can tunnel a SSH connection and run any MSSQL in my
6 > own box, but I think it's more practical to have a cli gui for MSSQL, but I
7 > couldn't find one googling for it, so I'm here asking you.
8 >
9 > For short: anyone know a Linux CLI GUI for MSSQL?
10 >
11 > Thanks in advance,
12 > Mauro
13
14 I think you're looking for "tsql" (interactive) "bsqldb" (non-interactive for
15 scripts etc.) from the FreeTDS package (dev-db/freetds).
16
17 I've used it a while ago for writing a Nagios plugin which monitores some
18 MSSQL tablespaces.
19
20 Regards,
21