From: Steffen Loos <fenlo@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't remove device-mapper can't install it either
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 22:02:55
1 Maxim Wexler schrieb:
2 > Hi group,
3 >
4 > Going through a rough patch after a world update. The SD card on my
5 > netbook doesn't get mounted, ext2 filesytem not found etc. I've had
6 > this problem before which I traced to the lack of support for SD cards
7 > in the kernel. This time it's something else. Nothing wrong with the
8 > fs, it can be checked and mounted manually. Device-mapper is not in
9 > the world file but does exist in /etc/init.d and can be started and
10 > stopped OK. When I use it I get messages in the boot console of being
11 > incompatible with my baselayout-1.
12 >
13 > So, I try to unmerge it, but of course portage claims I don't have it.
14 > And if I try to emerge it, the new version is blocked by the version
15 > I'm supposed ot have?!
16 I assume emerge can't install because of some files lying arround from an earlier install?
17 Then you can just remove/rename these files.
18
19 A quick word of advice: If you send some related messages (e.g. from emerge) within your mail it's easier to help.
20
21 Steffen