From: Dmitry Makovey <mldimon@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Logitech WebCam Pro 9000 and sound card
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 07:24:07
1 On 03/04/2010 08:37 AM, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > 2010/3/4 Dmitry S. Makovey <dimon@×××××××.net>:
3 >
4 >> Hi everybody,
5 >>
6 >> I have just bought Logitech WebCam Pro 9000 and much to my suprise
7 >> things pretty much worked out of the box... almost. As I have discovered
8 >> - even though video is working flawlessly, my audio has gone AWOL.
9 > I have the same webcam. My work-around is to unplug the webcam before
10 > you reboot. Real fix would be set up alsa so it knows the proper order
11 > of soundcards... I've never been able to get it to do that, though, so
12 > I just unplug webcam until I want to use it. If someone else has
13 > figured out how, I'd be happy to hear it too.
14 >
15 well I've figured it out half-way (based on
16 http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/MultipleCards )
17
18 alias char-major-116 snd
19 alias char-major-14 soundcore
20
21 options snd major=116 cards_limit=4
22
23 alias /dev/mixer snd-mixer-oss
24 alias /dev/dsp snd-pcm-oss
25 alias /dev/midi snd-seq-oss
26
27 alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
28 alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
29 alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
30 alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
31 alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-osshree
32 alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
33 alias sound-slot-0 snd-hda-intel
34 options snd-hda-intel index=0
35
36 alias snd-card-1 snd-usb-audio
37 alias sound-slot-1 snd-usb-audio
38 options snd-usb-audio index=1
39 options snd slots=snd-hda-intel,snd-usb-audio
40
41 Now my problem is that the only control ALSA shows for my built-in
42 "hda-intel" is "Master" with no sub-channles available. Anybody
43 knowledgeable enough to suggest where is the problem?