From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] evince - Error printing to PDF
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 17:58:35
1 On 04/17/13 19:24, Randolph Maaßen wrote:
2 > >> Well, it did print to pdf or ps file a week ago before
3 > upgrading, so
4 > >> what did it change?
5 > >> Why all of a sudden doesn't do pdf printing?
6 > >> --
7 > >> Joseph
8 > >>
9 > >> So what packages have been updated/changed, what does your
10 > printing
11 > >> system look like, ...
12 > >> Without some information nobody can help you.
13 > >> --
14 > >> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
15 > >>
16 > >> Randolph Maaßen
19 > > I'm using standard cups printing system.
20 > > It is hard to find out which package are responsible for it, I
21 > usually upgrade very second month so bunch of them got upgraded I did
22 > not get any error messages. It is like looking for a needle in a
23 > haystack :-/
24 > >
25 > > --
26 > > Joseph
29 > Ok, so I would try running revdep-rebuild, to ensure that upgrading
30 > didn't break any abi. This happened to me some time ago.
31
32 I know I have been holding to xpdf and old poppler but I've got rid of xpdf and upgraded poppler to the current one.
33 run: revdep-rebuild
34 texlive was rebuild
35 I've re-emerged evince
36
37 but I'm still getting the same error with "evince": Error printing - Operation not supported when trying to print to pdf file :-/
40 Joseph