From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] initial compile time
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 11:17:57
1 On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 1:50 AM, J García <jyo.garcia@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > I would recomed using something like the base livecd or systemrescuecd
4 > for an install with OpenRC. and only use something like CentOS(if you
5 > are talking about 7) if you want to use systemd, and then make use of
6 > systemd-nspawn and not chroot and bind mounts, and the systemd stage3.
9 As far as I can tell there are no problems if you install an
10 openrc-based system using a systemd-based install CD, or a
11 systemd-based system using an openrc-based install CD.
12
13 You're not actually running init or services inside your
14 chroot/nspawn-container/etc, so there really is no interaction with
15 whatever init you're using outside.
16
17 Now, if your install CD is running SELinux or something like that I
18 could see there being issues, or if it is missing things like tar/etc.
21 Rich